BrainView EEG Pro Software
A powerful solution, rich with dynamic features that provide the tools you need in any environment – EEG Lab, Operating Room, Emergency Room or Private Practice Clinic.
- Complete data processing from filtering to source analysis
- Event support, template-based event detection
- Principal and Independent Component Analysis (PCA, ICA) and filtering
- Individual realistic head models using the Boundary Element Method (BEM)
- Pre-computed BEM and Finite Element Method (FEM) head models
- Dipole fits - Dipole confidence ellipsoids are computed
- Dipole scans, extended source (patch) scans, and MUSIC scans
- Current density analysis, extended sources, Lp norms, sLORETA, eLORETA, SWARM
- Sensor Coherence and Source Coherence Analysis
- Export of results in Excel, MATLAB, and SPM formats
- Statistical Analysis
- Report generator
- Data import wizards for functional and image data
- Multi-core support using thread-based multitasking and parallelization
- Hardware accelerated real time rendering of 3D scenarios
- Supports import and export of European Data Format (.edf ) files
- Online updates
BrainView EEG Pro Software - Advantages
- Two raw data viewers
- Manual artefact rejection
- Trial / average viewing
- Waveforms topographic view
- Waveforms time sequence map
- t-score topographic view
- Zoom raw data / averages
- 2D mapping
- Signal inspector
- Add / subtract waveforms
- Automatic amplitude / latency detection
- Vector browser for amplitude / latency extraction
- Cross correlation
- Advanced, interactive filter design
- Smooth EEG data and waveforms (filtering)
- EEG and ERP down-sampling
- Spectral transform
- Data Exchange with Matlab®
- Powerful scripting, Makefile facility for study automation
- Data import / export*
- Merging / append recordings
- Merge average data
- Delete / rename channels
- Data selection, e.g., segmentation, cut epoch
- Data header info, e.g. processing history
- Event / trigger listing
- Trigger generation / re-coding
- Comprehensive configuration files for analysis & visualization
- EOG correction
- Conditional averaging
- Baseline correction
- Grand averaging (single subject and groups)
- Weighted average
- SNR assessment (e.g., standard deviation band)
- Automatic artefact rejection, continuous and trial-based
- Reference / remontage
- Spatial filtering / interpolation
- EOG classification
- Multiple spatio-temporal dipole modeling
- MUSIC (multiple signal classification)
- Forward simulation of EEG and MEG
- True 3D reconstruction in frequency domain
- LORETA (low resolution tomographic analysis)
- Cortical imaging
- Coherence mapping and phase analysis, based on FFT and wavelets, with display of amplitude and phase coherence in adjustable frequency bands by means of arrow plots
- 3D FFT mapping and spectral analysis, adjustable to specific requirements, with comparison of groups vs. single subject spectra
- Event-related/EEG wavelet analysis and wavelet mapping
BrainView EEG Pro Software - Features
The database provides both patient-oriented and chronological tables for quick access to recorded and archived data. Tables and drop-down lists are customizable for fast field editing.
Set up individual user or group access and permissions for the system and within the application. Assign separate lock-down rules and system encryption for different devices on the same network. Access Audit Logs to review user activity on the system. Security role-based HIPAA compliance package with Active Directory integration and encryption.
Condensed Mode FFT
Condensed mode frequency analysis (DSA) enables detection of frequency variations during long-term recordings. DSA, band power, and compressed signal trend windows are programmable for easy use during review. For fast access to the corresponding EEG data, users simply click on the analysis window.
Amplitude mapping displays amplitude distribution on recordings with spikes, slow waves, or other epileptic patterns. Two dimensional single and sequential map views are available in the standard review software. Coherence software features new optional 3D mapping with fast control of the scalp position.
Artifact Reduction for up to five types of artifact can be applied simultaneously, letting you verify the quality of the data while the subject is still connected. Artifacts include blinks, pulse artifact, MR gradient artifact, ballisto-cardiogram, and bad blocks. Reduction methods include Subtraction, Covariance, PCA, and ICA.
BrainView EEG Pro Software can perform source reconstruction using the well-known spherical shell head models. However, one of its unique and powerful features is to generate a high-resolution realistic head model based on anatomical information. Such a realistic head model derived from individual MR Images (or CT) increases the localization accuracy of source analysis. A built-in procedure performs fully automatic generation of the realistic head model geometry (triangle nets). BrainView EEG Pro Software also comes with pre-computed realistic head models that are applicable to all EEG data, including an FEM mesh with anisotropic skull layer.
File Format and Compatibility
BrainView EEG Pro Software seamlessly reads EEG data recorded from NeuralScan systems. BrainView EEG Pro Software will also import EEG data from; EDF, ASCII.
Based on the measured EEG and/or MEG data, the sensor positions and the head model, a fit of one or more dipoles can be done. The position of the dipoles can be completely free (moving dipole) or can be restricted (rotating or fixed dipole, mirror or regional constraints). Dipoles can be constrained to stay in the vicinity of a given location.
Current Density Reconstructions (CDR)
A current density map is another independent analysis. It computes a current pattern on a regular 3D grid or the cortex that would explain the measured EEG at a certain time point. Now, all points on the surface can be active simultaneously. In order to come up with a solution, additional assumptions are needed. For example, the minimum norm constraint (L1, Lp, or L2 norm), maximum smoothness constraints (LORETA), and statistical measures (sLORETA) can be applied. SWARM can also be applied providing an sLORETA-weighted minimum-norm CDR.
Deviation and Beamformer Scans
During a scan, many locations throughout the brain are considered. For each location, a measure is calculated for the possibility that activity in that location could account for the measured EEG signal. Deviation scans determine if a dipole in this location would be correct. Beamforming is a technique that increases the spatial selectivity for each location.
Users can average any portion of EEG data before and after markers, whether the markers are inserted by the user or by an external stimulator (P300). Users can measure latencies, intervals, and amplitudes, and create evoked potential reports.
FFT mapping analyzes the power distribution per frequency band in user-defined analysis sections. Features include as many as 8 selectable frequency bands; optional exclusion of electrodes from analysis; averaging of similarly named analysis sections (“eyes closed” or “eyes open”); and Coherence mapping.
Complete in analysis
ERP investigations, both in psychophysiology research and clinical applications require a multitude of processing steps. The BrainView EEG Pro Software is thoroughly evaluated in advanced research, and contains all necessary procedures to perform a complete analysis of your data.
The Signal Processing includes 2-D and 3-D mapping.
The 2-D map view can be customized to provide a single map or a cartoon over time in both the time and frequency domains. The 3-D mapping allows for true 3-D visualization and manipulation of the electrodes, data and head model.
Seizure and Spike Detection.
Spike Detection Highly reliable and easy to review. Do your patient's EEGs show epileptiform discharges? How often do they occur? Get a reliable answer to these important questions within minutes.
BrainView EEG Pro Software is a complete package for the study of event related brain activity with high-resolution EEG. This package has been designed to suit the high standards of neuroscience research.